|« Expectant Mothers Forced to be Drugged||Cranberry Phi Plus From WholeFood Farmacy »|
WholeFood Farmacy Wellness Wednesday June 18th, 2008
According to research completed in March 2001 by Dr. K. Phillips of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, the sunflower kernel is rich in a number of nutrients that have been shown to protect against cardiovascular and other diseases and to act as antioxidants and anti-carcinogens. When considered in aggregate, this amazing kernel packs a powerful nutritional punch.
Sunflower kernels contain high levels of vitamin E, betaine, phenolic acids, and choline. In addition, the kernel is a good source of arginine and lignans. Each of these compounds, while perhaps unfamiliar to the layperson, has been studied by the scientific community and shown to offer a variety of health benefits.
* Vitamin E (Tocopherols): May protect against cardiovascular disease.
* Betaine : May protect against cardiovascular disease.
* Phenolic acids (chlorogenic acid): Antioxidant and anti-carcinogen.
* Choline : Plays a role in memory and cognitive function.
* Arginine : Potential heart benefits.
* Lignans : May protect against heart disease and some cancers; lowers LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
You can enjoy the taste and health benefits of sunflower seeds in many of your favorite Wholefood Farmacy foods such as Phi Plus, Coco Cherry Phi, Cranberry Phi, Cornaborealis, Corn of Plenty, and ClariPhi.
Cornaborealis is a hearty combination of Maize Corn, Pecans, Raisins, Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Grape Seed Oil, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Maple Syrup, & Stardust Pure Salt. It's designed to make your taste buds explode. This amazing, all natural corn snack packs a powerful crunchy punch. It's produced the way the ancient Native Americans used to prepare maize, and is uniquely blended with our Amazing Stardust Pure Salt.
Recently (01/08/10) Jeanette wrote Unpopped Gourmet Popcorn. Check it out!